population of the city is now over 2.5 million making it the fifth largest city in North
America after Mexico City, New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago.
• Half of Toronto’s population
(1,237,720) was born outside of Canada. Toronto with surrounding area (GTA) is Canada's
largest city and is home to over 5.7 million Canadians. Almost one quarter of Canada’s
population lives within a 160 km radius of Toronto.
• Toronto is North America's 5th-largest city after Mexico
City, New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago
Toronto Stock Exchange is located in the city and is the sixth largest stock exchange in the world. Toronto is the largest, financial centre in
Canada and the fourth largest, economic centre in all of
• North America's largest continuous underground pedestrian
system PATH, connects about 1200 stores and restaurants, 50 office towers, five subway stations,
Union Station, six major hotels and several entertainment centres under Toronto's financial
• Toronto's public transit
system is the second largest in North America.
• Toronto is the most multicultural city in the
There are 100 + languages and dialects spoken throughout the
• More than half of Toronto's
labour force has a university degree or college diploma.
• City of Toronto is one of the most clean, safe, peaceful,
large, cosmopolitan cities in the world.
Street is listed in the Guinness Book of World Records as the longest street in the
world, stretching 1,896 km from the lakeshore in
Toronto, north to Rainy River, Ontario, near the Minnesota border.
• Toronto is home to one of the world's tallest free-standing
structure, the CN Tower standing 1,815 feet (553 meters) tall.